COVID-19 Safety Measures
As the Utah Chess Association brings back over the board chess, these are the measures we will take to keep players safe at our events:
- Comply with applicable laws and guidelines.
- Anyone who is sick or has symptoms (cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, headache, nausea or vomiting) may not attend our events.
- You may be asked to submit a temperature check.
- Masks will be required to attend our events. Masks can be replaced by face guards for people who have a medical condition that prevents masks usage.
- We may ask there be no spectators in the playing rooms where space may be limited.
- The boards will be spread out from each other as much as possible, up to 6 ft.
- Provide wipes and cleaning supplies; encourage players regular cleaning of pieces, tables, etc.
- Encourage social distancing guidelines.
- Tournaments may be limited to a certain number of players.
If players or spectators do not adhere to these measures, it may lead to withdrawal from our tournament events. We want to build an environment where everyone feels safe. Please be considerate of others. If you do come to an event, you do so at your own risk.
The measures may be updated at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Uah Chess Association